Saturday, January 8, 2011

the addiction

I love to fall out of my world and into another. I am a movieholic and will at any given chance let go today's troubles to find solace in the world others create.

It has been this way for years and years and is a trait passed down to me through my mother. Many a day we went to the matinee and freedom commenced, if only for a few hours, it was enough to reset and surge ahead.

I am on an addiction now that has sent my world into new arenas. I watched them each as they came out into the theaters and enjoyed them fully but as this new movie came out in November I was held back from seeing it as Erin wanted to reread the series.
I was upset.
It did however spark my interest in the books and that is where the addiction landed heavily on my chest as if it were a Blast Ended Skrewt full grown.
If you don't know what I am talking about I pity you.

I read the first as a way to appease the wife and then it happened, first time is free! I am no longer free. I am swallowed in all consuming mysticism. I am a puppet like so many before me and now I find the next book a mear skeleton of the full bodied friendship I had cultivated. The movies are rubbish, hollow forms of a world i long to know.

I am trapped with only the glimmering hope of reprieve... will there be more, I doubt it though i can make believe the new stories. A world of opportunity is out there for the new crimes and the same old hero to intervene.  He still has his friends and so much more to fight for.

Give me a new villain, one that is of new blood one that needs revenge on being born.

my addiction has soured the world of anything sweet, for it's sweetness has become the engulfing wave that crashes over you and sends you out to sea with only the slight promise of breath.

those who know, do just that.
you feel for me as I do you.

I am powerless.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you appeased me and read the first book, for now you know the joys and pains of being a Harry addict. Now we can together pity all those other types of people in the world!

    ReplyDelete